Monday, 13 April 2009

Oversleeping through core!

So I've been fine with sleeping during naps, however I've overslept the core sleep (2:30am - 4:00am) three nights in a row. I slept until 6:30 or until the 7:30am nap reminder arrives. The first night I don't think I had my alarm turned on for that nap (new cellphone), however the 2nd and 3rd night (last night) I am sure the alarm was working. So what must have been happening is that I would turn off my alarm and not bother getting up... classic oversleeping!

This presents me with some options:
  1. change the core sleep to a time when I'm less likely to oversleep: 6 - 7:30am or 10 - 11:30pm
  2. set up multiple alarms - which I did during uberman schedule 2 years back
  3. change where I have my core sleep to a less comfortable place or sleeping position
  4. place alarms in a out of reach place - set up problem solving alarms etc.
I could do all of the above.

I am, however, pleased that I stayed up following oversleeping at 7am ish. This is an improvement on the 9 or 10am wakeup that plagued my daily life. I am also pleased that I can easily fall asleep for the naps, and have been dreaming through them - which suggests REM sleep.

Time to pull out the FURY!!!

No comments: