Monday, 13 April 2009

Return to Polyphasic Sleeping Lifestyle!

I stopped polyphasic sleeping mainly because of unpredictable uni and work schedules. Also uberman conflicted with my social life. I lacked the determination to take an interlude out of a social affair for naps (peer pressure came into it also). My lecturers were also completely against me sleeping in university. It seemed society was completely against such ways of living. I left polyphasic sleeping for future investigation when my environment was more forgiving and I had a flexible and/or a well spaced schedule.

This has realised itself of late. I am actually quite amazed. It's nearly perfection. Not only that, I feel far more congruent with the logic and implications of such a lifestyle.

As I am now a third year (digital design) student, I have been allowed 24 hour access to the computer labs. This means that I can actually theoretically 'live' at university if needed. As the university is located in the city, I am able to head there after clubbing/partying and use the facilities. It is warm, safe, and silent. The tutors have changed their attitude to students staying in the labs overnight (security upgraded) and it is now encouraged that students do so if they wish.

Just acquired a job as a cycle courier, which is brilliant exercise (Auckland is built on 150 dormant volcanoes) and it gives me the motivation to rise early (8am - 10am daily shift).

Evening job doing waiting fits in nicely with the schedule.

University classes slot nicely into the schedule also.

Two years ago I was all over the place... I kinda did polyphasic sleeping out of a retaliation against society, I was a mismatcher with an instinct towards global harmony. My brain was scattered. I dove into the information age and became totally consumed by exploring human potential and personal development. I spent half my life looking for the weirdest and most challenging forms possible. I basically alienated myself from myself and others through having unconventional and extreme interests. I lived a life of opposition and contradiction.

This has changed. The scattered mind is collecting ever so rapidly. It feels like the rest of the world is doing the same. That is probably a delusion of my reality tunnel - either way, I prefer to think that it's happening like that.

No comments: